Friday, June 2, 2017

Weekend Cooking: The Comic Book Story of Beer by Jonathan Hennessey & Mike Smith

I picked up The Comic Book Story of Beer because I like comic books and I like beer. While whiskey is alcoholic beverage of choice, I appreciate a good beer. I love trying new brews. But I know very little about beer.

I really enjoyed The Comic Book Story of Beer. It starts with the beginning-the first fermented drinks. The story takes the reader through the entire history of how beer went from a seasonal beverage to a huge national product. I loved the single page panels that explained one type of beer like porter, India Pale Ale, lagers, and Belgian wits. This book definitely made me want to go out and try more beer.

This was my third read for the Foodies Read Challenge.

Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth  Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book reviews (novel, nonfiction), cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs, restaurant reviews, travel information, or fun food facts. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.